EC to form flying squads, SSTs for Tripura polls
Agartala: The Election Commission has decided to form flying Squads and static surveillance teams (SST) in Tripura to counter the problem of cash doles, bribes and carrying of illegal arms in view of the February 14 assembly elections in the state, official sources said on Thursday.
Static surveillance teams and flying squads would be set up in all the 60 assembly constituencies of the state.
While the SST would tackle the problem of cash doles, the flying squads would keep a vigil on the on the roads to prevent transportation of illegal cash and arms, the sources said.
Anybody travelling with cash over Rs 50,000 could be arrested by a joint team of the police and a magistrate, the sources said.
Any vehicle carrying a candidate, his supporters or flags and festoons of his party would be seized if found carrying cash, gift items, liquor or drugs worth over Rs. 50,000 unless proper reason was provided.
The teams would comprise police and government officials headed by a magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam