EC to form flying squads, SSTs for Tripura polls
Agartala: The Election Commission has decided to form flying Squads and static surveillance teams (SST) in Tripura to counter the problem of cash doles, bribes and carrying of illegal arms in view of the February 14 assembly elections in the state, official sources said on Thursday.
Static surveillance teams and flying squads would be set up in all the 60 assembly constituencies of the state.
While the SST would tackle the problem of cash doles, the flying squads would keep a vigil on the on the roads to prevent transportation of illegal cash and arms, the sources said.
Anybody travelling with cash over Rs 50,000 could be arrested by a joint team of the police and a magistrate, the sources said.
Any vehicle carrying a candidate, his supporters or flags and festoons of his party would be seized if found carrying cash, gift items, liquor or drugs worth over Rs. 50,000 unless proper reason was provided.
The teams would comprise police and government officials headed by a magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!