EC to form flying squads, SSTs for Tripura polls
Agartala: The Election Commission has decided to form flying Squads and static surveillance teams (SST) in Tripura to counter the problem of cash doles, bribes and carrying of illegal arms in view of the February 14 assembly elections in the state, official sources said on Thursday.
Static surveillance teams and flying squads would be set up in all the 60 assembly constituencies of the state.
While the SST would tackle the problem of cash doles, the flying squads would keep a vigil on the on the roads to prevent transportation of illegal cash and arms, the sources said.
Anybody travelling with cash over Rs 50,000 could be arrested by a joint team of the police and a magistrate, the sources said.
Any vehicle carrying a candidate, his supporters or flags and festoons of his party would be seized if found carrying cash, gift items, liquor or drugs worth over Rs. 50,000 unless proper reason was provided.
The teams would comprise police and government officials headed by a magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail