EC to form flying squads, SSTs for Tripura polls
Agartala: The Election Commission has decided to form flying Squads and static surveillance teams (SST) in Tripura to counter the problem of cash doles, bribes and carrying of illegal arms in view of the February 14 assembly elections in the state, official sources said on Thursday.
Static surveillance teams and flying squads would be set up in all the 60 assembly constituencies of the state.
While the SST would tackle the problem of cash doles, the flying squads would keep a vigil on the on the roads to prevent transportation of illegal cash and arms, the sources said.
Anybody travelling with cash over Rs 50,000 could be arrested by a joint team of the police and a magistrate, the sources said.
Any vehicle carrying a candidate, his supporters or flags and festoons of his party would be seized if found carrying cash, gift items, liquor or drugs worth over Rs. 50,000 unless proper reason was provided.
The teams would comprise police and government officials headed by a magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune