ECI officials review poll preparation in Tripura
Agartala: The Election Commission of India (ECI) has reviewed the preparation for the General Elections in Tripura where elections would be held in two phases, official sources said.
Director General of ECI, Asish Srivastava, yesterday held series of meetings with the officials from the civil administration, state election department and security forces and representatives of the political parties and laid stress on strict adherence to the election code of conduct.
In view of the state government`s demand for 108 companies of additional forces, Srivastava assured that there would be no dearth of Central Paramilitary Forces which would be dispatched in due course of time.
He also instructed the BSF to keep a close vigil along the 856 KM long international border with the Bangladesh so that no unwanted element could enter into the state for conducting any subversive activities.
The elections for the two Lok Sabha constituencies - West Tripura and East Tripura (ST) - would be held on April 7 and April 12 respectively.
He appreciated the voters of the state for heavy and record turnout, which rose to 93 percent in the last Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months