ECI officials review poll preparation in Tripura
Agartala: The Election Commission of India (ECI) has reviewed the preparation for the General Elections in Tripura where elections would be held in two phases, official sources said.
Director General of ECI, Asish Srivastava, yesterday held series of meetings with the officials from the civil administration, state election department and security forces and representatives of the political parties and laid stress on strict adherence to the election code of conduct.
In view of the state government`s demand for 108 companies of additional forces, Srivastava assured that there would be no dearth of Central Paramilitary Forces which would be dispatched in due course of time.
He also instructed the BSF to keep a close vigil along the 856 KM long international border with the Bangladesh so that no unwanted element could enter into the state for conducting any subversive activities.
The elections for the two Lok Sabha constituencies - West Tripura and East Tripura (ST) - would be held on April 7 and April 12 respectively.
He appreciated the voters of the state for heavy and record turnout, which rose to 93 percent in the last Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city