ECI officials review poll preparation in Tripura
Agartala: The Election Commission of India (ECI) has reviewed the preparation for the General Elections in Tripura where elections would be held in two phases, official sources said.
Director General of ECI, Asish Srivastava, yesterday held series of meetings with the officials from the civil administration, state election department and security forces and representatives of the political parties and laid stress on strict adherence to the election code of conduct.
In view of the state government`s demand for 108 companies of additional forces, Srivastava assured that there would be no dearth of Central Paramilitary Forces which would be dispatched in due course of time.
He also instructed the BSF to keep a close vigil along the 856 KM long international border with the Bangladesh so that no unwanted element could enter into the state for conducting any subversive activities.
The elections for the two Lok Sabha constituencies - West Tripura and East Tripura (ST) - would be held on April 7 and April 12 respectively.
He appreciated the voters of the state for heavy and record turnout, which rose to 93 percent in the last Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat