‘Eco blockade may lead to civil war in Manipur’
Imphal: A major women`s association in
Manipur on Monday appealed to the organisers of economic blockades
on two national highways in the state to lift it immediately
as it could lead to a `civil war`.
The blockades on Imphal-Dimapur-Guwahati (NH39) and
Imphal-Jiribam-Silchar (NH53) should be immediately lifted as
it might lead to a civil war and division among different
communities in the state, chief of International Manipuri
Mothers` Association (IMMA) RK Khumanleima told reporters
It appeared that attempts were being made to divide
communities in the state, she said, adding that fulfilment
of the demands might not be in the hands of the state
government and the Centre should be approached.
The state has been witnessing an indefinite economic
blockade on the two national highways since August 1 after
Sadar Hills District Demand Committee (SHDDC) has launched the
blockade to demand conversion of Kuki-majority Sadar Hills
area in Naga-majority Senapati district into a full-fledged
Opposing SHDDC`s demand, the United Naga Council
launched economic blockades on the both highways from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what