Economic blockade against Arunachal continues
Tezpur: The economic blockade against Arunachal Pradesh following the killing of 10 CPI(ML) supporters at Chauldhua in Behali reserve forest in Sonitpur district entered its fourth day on Monday.
Over hundred trucks were stranded at Borgang and Chariduar in the last four days because of the blockade, official sources said.
Essential commodities, petrol and diesel and other items supplied from Tezpur, Guwahati, Nagaon and Lakhimpur districts of Assam to Arunachal Pradesh were hit, they said.
At Chariduar local people and various organisations blocked the road connecting Tezpur to Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh besides East Kameng and West Kameng districts, they said.
Protests led by several organisations at Borgang decided this evening that no goods truck would be allowed between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM for an indefinite period on NH-15.
Meanwhile, District Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasar denied reports that four women were held hostage by the miscreants leading to a tense situation at Borgang and Biswanath Chariali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials