Economic blockade against Arunachal continues
Tezpur: The economic blockade against Arunachal Pradesh following the killing of 10 CPI(ML) supporters at Chauldhua in Behali reserve forest in Sonitpur district entered its fourth day on Monday.
Over hundred trucks were stranded at Borgang and Chariduar in the last four days because of the blockade, official sources said.
Essential commodities, petrol and diesel and other items supplied from Tezpur, Guwahati, Nagaon and Lakhimpur districts of Assam to Arunachal Pradesh were hit, they said.
At Chariduar local people and various organisations blocked the road connecting Tezpur to Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh besides East Kameng and West Kameng districts, they said.
Protests led by several organisations at Borgang decided this evening that no goods truck would be allowed between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM for an indefinite period on NH-15.
Meanwhile, District Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasar denied reports that four women were held hostage by the miscreants leading to a tense situation at Borgang and Biswanath Chariali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey detains 3 top businessmen in probe after coup
- Researchers identify rare form of hereditary colon cancer
- India should not hold dialogue with Pakistan: Samajwadi Party
- French PM `open` to interim ban on foreign funding of mosques
- Nirbhaya case: Convicts' lawyer challenges 'iron rod' theory, announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone who proves it