Economic blockade against Arunachal continues
Tezpur: The economic blockade against Arunachal Pradesh following the killing of 10 CPI(ML) supporters at Chauldhua in Behali reserve forest in Sonitpur district entered its fourth day on Monday.
Over hundred trucks were stranded at Borgang and Chariduar in the last four days because of the blockade, official sources said.
Essential commodities, petrol and diesel and other items supplied from Tezpur, Guwahati, Nagaon and Lakhimpur districts of Assam to Arunachal Pradesh were hit, they said.
At Chariduar local people and various organisations blocked the road connecting Tezpur to Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh besides East Kameng and West Kameng districts, they said.
Protests led by several organisations at Borgang decided this evening that no goods truck would be allowed between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM for an indefinite period on NH-15.
Meanwhile, District Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasar denied reports that four women were held hostage by the miscreants leading to a tense situation at Borgang and Biswanath Chariali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read