Economic blockade in Manipur from midnight
Imphal: Two student organisations in Manipur Thursday threatened to launch an indefinite economic blockade of the Imphal-Moreh NH 2 in support of their demand that 7,000 students from hill districts be allowed to appear for the Class X exam.
The Naga Students Union, Chandel district, and Kuki Students` organisation said in a joint statement that more than 7,000 students had not been allowed to write the examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education Manipur in the past two years or so.
They alleged that the BSEM had collected enrolment fees, but failed to issue admit cards on earlier occasions.
Sources in the secondary board revealed that cases were reported that candidates, particularly from interior hill districts, who had studied at various educational institutions in valley districts wanted to write their examinations at the hill districts, but this went against the rules.
The demand of the student organisations has been forwarded to the higher authorities, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog