Effort on to bring essential commodities in Manipur
Imphal: Every effort is being made to
bring essential commodities to trouble-torn Manipur since Naga
students blocked the Dimapur-Imphal national highway 39,
Government Spokesman, N Biren said today.
Biren told mediapersons that all out effort was being
made to bring essential commodities by some other route or
means since the state was facing acutue shortage of essential
items including life-saving drugs.
Official sources said the state government was to
provide security and bring stranded trucks from Jiribam
(Manipur-Assam border) along national highway 53 but it was
postponed due to security reasons.
Both All Naga Students` Association Manipur (ANSAM)
and All Tribal Tribal Students Union Manipur (ATSUM) had
launched economic blockade for more than three months on both
national highway (NH) 39 and national highway 53 to protest
state government`s proposal to hold elections to autonomous
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed