Effort on to bring essential commodities in Manipur
Imphal: Every effort is being made to
bring essential commodities to trouble-torn Manipur since Naga
students blocked the Dimapur-Imphal national highway 39,
Government Spokesman, N Biren said today.
Biren told mediapersons that all out effort was being
made to bring essential commodities by some other route or
means since the state was facing acutue shortage of essential
items including life-saving drugs.
Official sources said the state government was to
provide security and bring stranded trucks from Jiribam
(Manipur-Assam border) along national highway 53 but it was
postponed due to security reasons.
Both All Naga Students` Association Manipur (ANSAM)
and All Tribal Tribal Students Union Manipur (ATSUM) had
launched economic blockade for more than three months on both
national highway (NH) 39 and national highway 53 to protest
state government`s proposal to hold elections to autonomous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India