Effort on to bring essential commodities in Manipur
Imphal: Every effort is being made to
bring essential commodities to trouble-torn Manipur since Naga
students blocked the Dimapur-Imphal national highway 39,
Government Spokesman, N Biren said today.
Biren told mediapersons that all out effort was being
made to bring essential commodities by some other route or
means since the state was facing acutue shortage of essential
items including life-saving drugs.
Official sources said the state government was to
provide security and bring stranded trucks from Jiribam
(Manipur-Assam border) along national highway 53 but it was
postponed due to security reasons.
Both All Naga Students` Association Manipur (ANSAM)
and All Tribal Tribal Students Union Manipur (ATSUM) had
launched economic blockade for more than three months on both
national highway (NH) 39 and national highway 53 to protest
state government`s proposal to hold elections to autonomous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Not in the best of form, Roger Federer reaches crossroads at Wimbledon
- Lodha panel's recommendations could take cricket 20 years back, feels Anurag Thakur
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced