Effort on to bring essential commodities in Manipur
Imphal: Every effort is being made to
bring essential commodities to trouble-torn Manipur since Naga
students blocked the Dimapur-Imphal national highway 39,
Government Spokesman, N Biren said today.
Biren told mediapersons that all out effort was being
made to bring essential commodities by some other route or
means since the state was facing acutue shortage of essential
items including life-saving drugs.
Official sources said the state government was to
provide security and bring stranded trucks from Jiribam
(Manipur-Assam border) along national highway 53 but it was
postponed due to security reasons.
Both All Naga Students` Association Manipur (ANSAM)
and All Tribal Tribal Students Union Manipur (ATSUM) had
launched economic blockade for more than three months on both
national highway (NH) 39 and national highway 53 to protest
state government`s proposal to hold elections to autonomous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof