Efforts on to revive terrorism in Tripura: Sarkar
Agartala: Surrendered militants, separatist outfits and a section of the opposition are conspiring to revive militancy in Tripura, Chief Minister Manik Sarkar said Wednesday.
"Although the Bangladesh government is pro-active to flush out base camps of northeast militants, efforts are on to send tribal youths across the border to take arms training," Sarkar said after unfurling the tricolour at the Assam Rifles ground here.
"Though terrorism has been tamed in Tripura, a section of political leaders are trying to revive it to get political mileage. These political forces are also using surrendered terrorists," he said in his speech to mark India`s Independence Day.
A CPI-M leader, Sarkar said that in recent years, 93 to 96 percent people had voted during elections.
He said India was sought to be ruled by a nexus of politicians, top bureaucrats and corporate managers.
"Black money is running a parallel economy in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly