Efforts on to revive terrorism in Tripura: Sarkar
Agartala: Surrendered militants, separatist outfits and a section of the opposition are conspiring to revive militancy in Tripura, Chief Minister Manik Sarkar said Wednesday.
"Although the Bangladesh government is pro-active to flush out base camps of northeast militants, efforts are on to send tribal youths across the border to take arms training," Sarkar said after unfurling the tricolour at the Assam Rifles ground here.
"Though terrorism has been tamed in Tripura, a section of political leaders are trying to revive it to get political mileage. These political forces are also using surrendered terrorists," he said in his speech to mark India`s Independence Day.
A CPI-M leader, Sarkar said that in recent years, 93 to 96 percent people had voted during elections.
He said India was sought to be ruled by a nexus of politicians, top bureaucrats and corporate managers.
"Black money is running a parallel economy in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!