Eight file nominations in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: With barely two days left for filing nominations for April 9 Lok Sabha and Assembly Elections in Arunachal Pradesh, altogether eight candidates filed their papers till Wednesday.
Three candidates - including two Congress and one independent - filed their papers for Assembly Elections yesterday, election office sources said here on Thursday.
The candidates who filed nominations yesterday include Congress nominees RT Khunjuju from Bomdila and C C Singpho from Bordumsa-Diyun.
While former home minister Neelam Taram had filed his papers from Yachuli constituency as an independent candidate.
Earlier on March 18, last four Congress candidates including sitting minister Pema Khandu (Mukto constituency), Parliamentary secretaries T N Thondok (Kalaktang) and Likha Saaya (Yachuli) and Phurpa Tsering from Dirang filed their papers.
The other candidate who filed his papers include BJP nominee Lakpa Tsering from Dirang Assembly constituency.
So far, no nomination has been filed for the two Lok Sabha constituencies in the state, sources said.
The last date for filing papers is March 22 next, while scrutiny would be done on March 24 and last date of withdrawal of candidature has been fixed on March 26.
Counting of votes would take place on May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi