Eight foreigners arrested for illegal entry
Silchar (Assam): Eight foreigners - seven Bangladeshis and one Myanmarese - were arrested from a bus stop here for entering the country illegally, police said on Monday.
The Bangladeshis had entered Barak valley in South Assam illegally and were on their way to Myanmar last night. The Myanmarese national was their guide.
The Bangladeshis were residents of Comilla district of the neighbouring country and had entered India through Jakiganj border in Karimganj district and then proceeded to Silchar, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested them when they were waiting to board a bus from Silchar to Aizwal on their way to Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok