Eight foreigners arrested for illegal entry
Silchar (Assam): Eight foreigners - seven Bangladeshis and one Myanmarese - were arrested from a bus stop here for entering the country illegally, police said on Monday.
The Bangladeshis had entered Barak valley in South Assam illegally and were on their way to Myanmar last night. The Myanmarese national was their guide.
The Bangladeshis were residents of Comilla district of the neighbouring country and had entered India through Jakiganj border in Karimganj district and then proceeded to Silchar, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested them when they were waiting to board a bus from Silchar to Aizwal on their way to Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees