Eight foreigners arrested for illegal entry
Silchar (Assam): Eight foreigners - seven Bangladeshis and one Myanmarese - were arrested from a bus stop here for entering the country illegally, police said on Monday.
The Bangladeshis had entered Barak valley in South Assam illegally and were on their way to Myanmar last night. The Myanmarese national was their guide.
The Bangladeshis were residents of Comilla district of the neighbouring country and had entered India through Jakiganj border in Karimganj district and then proceeded to Silchar, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested them when they were waiting to board a bus from Silchar to Aizwal on their way to Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra