Eight foreigners arrested for illegal entry
Silchar (Assam): Eight foreigners - seven Bangladeshis and one Myanmarese - were arrested from a bus stop here for entering the country illegally, police said on Monday.
The Bangladeshis had entered Barak valley in South Assam illegally and were on their way to Myanmar last night. The Myanmarese national was their guide.
The Bangladeshis were residents of Comilla district of the neighbouring country and had entered India through Jakiganj border in Karimganj district and then proceeded to Silchar, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested them when they were waiting to board a bus from Silchar to Aizwal on their way to Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!