Eight foreigners arrested for illegal entry
Silchar (Assam): Eight foreigners - seven Bangladeshis and one Myanmarese - were arrested from a bus stop here for entering the country illegally, police said on Monday.
The Bangladeshis had entered Barak valley in South Assam illegally and were on their way to Myanmar last night. The Myanmarese national was their guide.
The Bangladeshis were residents of Comilla district of the neighbouring country and had entered India through Jakiganj border in Karimganj district and then proceeded to Silchar, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police arrested them when they were waiting to board a bus from Silchar to Aizwal on their way to Myanmar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh