Eight houses damaged in bomb explosion near Imphal
Imphal: Eight houses were damaged when a
powerful bomb allegedly planted by militant organisations
exploded at Telipati area near here but there was no report of
any injury or casualty, official sources said Saturday.
The bomb allegedly planted by unidentified militants at a
roadside at Telipati area in Imphal East district exploded at
around 10.00 pm last night. In the explosion eight houses were
damaged, they said.
This is the second bomb explosion as on Thursday night
militants had exploded a bomb at Mongsangei area of Imphal
Security has already been tightened across Manipur in
view of the reported boycott call given by militant outfits in
the wake of Republic Day celebrations.
All insurgent and militant outfits in Manipur have
reportedly called for boycott of Republic Day celebrations.
All police and security posts have been asked to step up
patrolling and frisking of passersby to detect movement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!