Eight non-Manipuris killed in bomb blast in labourers` camp
Imphal: Eight persons--all non-Manipuris-- were killed and seven others seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Nagamapal area in Imphal West district of Manipur this evening, police sources said.
The bomb was hurled at the camp of a non-Manipuri labourers by suspected militants, the sources said.
Earlier, the police had said that the bomb was planted in a shop and exploded. All the eight persons who died on the spot were non-Manipuri persons, sources said adding the injured were also non-Manipuri.
The bomb was so powerful that the blast was heard one kilometre away from the spot.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the blast, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Political blame-game begins as auto, taxi unions go on indefinite strike against app-based taxi services
- NGT seeks details of Rs 20,000 crore expenditure on cleaning Ganga
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers