Eight non-Manipuris killed in bomb blast in labourers` camp
Imphal: Eight persons--all non-Manipuris-- were killed and seven others seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Nagamapal area in Imphal West district of Manipur this evening, police sources said.
The bomb was hurled at the camp of a non-Manipuri labourers by suspected militants, the sources said.
Earlier, the police had said that the bomb was planted in a shop and exploded. All the eight persons who died on the spot were non-Manipuri persons, sources said adding the injured were also non-Manipuri.
The bomb was so powerful that the blast was heard one kilometre away from the spot.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the blast, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened