Eight non-Manipuris killed in bomb blast in labourers` camp
Imphal: Eight persons--all non-Manipuris-- were killed and seven others seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Nagamapal area in Imphal West district of Manipur this evening, police sources said.
The bomb was hurled at the camp of a non-Manipuri labourers by suspected militants, the sources said.
Earlier, the police had said that the bomb was planted in a shop and exploded. All the eight persons who died on the spot were non-Manipuri persons, sources said adding the injured were also non-Manipuri.
The bomb was so powerful that the blast was heard one kilometre away from the spot.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the blast, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad