Eight non-Manipuris killed in bomb blast in labourers` camp
Imphal: Eight persons--all non-Manipuris-- were killed and seven others seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Nagamapal area in Imphal West district of Manipur this evening, police sources said.
The bomb was hurled at the camp of a non-Manipuri labourers by suspected militants, the sources said.
Earlier, the police had said that the bomb was planted in a shop and exploded. All the eight persons who died on the spot were non-Manipuri persons, sources said adding the injured were also non-Manipuri.
The bomb was so powerful that the blast was heard one kilometre away from the spot.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the blast, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?