Eight non-Manipuris killed in bomb blast in labourers` camp
Imphal: Eight persons--all non-Manipuris-- were killed and seven others seriously injured when a powerful bomb exploded at Nagamapal area in Imphal West district of Manipur this evening, police sources said.
The bomb was hurled at the camp of a non-Manipuri labourers by suspected militants, the sources said.
Earlier, the police had said that the bomb was planted in a shop and exploded. All the eight persons who died on the spot were non-Manipuri persons, sources said adding the injured were also non-Manipuri.
The bomb was so powerful that the blast was heard one kilometre away from the spot.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the blast, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?