Eight shot dead in Meghalaya
Shillong: Unidentified men gunned down eight coal miners and injured three others in Meghalaya`s South Garo Hills district, police said Monday.
"The incident occurred Sunday around 11 pm in Garegiitim coal mines area in the district," Davies R Marak, district police chief of South Garo Hills, told a news agency.
No militant group has claimed responsibility for the killing.
"We are yet to verify the people behind the attack," Marak said. Security forces have been sent to the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites