Election Commission visits Nagaland, reviews poll preparedness
Kohima: The Election Commission reviewed the poll preparedness in Nagaland where Assembly election is due in March.
The EC team, which came on a two-day visit to Nagaland yesterday, held discussions with political parties of the state at Chumukedima police complex near Dimapur.
All three members and other officials of the Commission, headed by Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath, arrived in Dimapur to assess the preparations of Assembly election in the state.
According to sources, the EC team told the political parties that the 2013 Assembly elections for all the three north eastern states of Nagaland, Meghalaya and Tripura would be held as scheduled.
As per the schedule, the election in Nagaland should be held within March and the Commission would announce the date after returning to New Delhi.
The tenure of the present state Assembly expires on March 18. The last Assembly election was held on March 5, 2008.
The political parties such as ruling NPF, opposition Congress, BJP, NCP and others held meetings separately with EC officials.
Besides the CEC, two other election commissioners HS Brahma and Sayed Nasim also attended the meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC