Election expenditure to be monitored in Manipur
Imphal: Unlike in the past, expenditure
of candidates for the Manipur Assembly elections on January 28
would be closely monitored by the IT department, officials
said on Monday.
About 55 officials from the directorate of income tax
would arrive here in the next few days to oversee expenditures
of the candidates and to check excess expenditures.
Officials said the team would be divided in groups and
deployed at all the district headquarters to do their
The authorities are also considering to question any
candidate withdrawing more than Rs 1 lakh from his bank
Earlier, Chief Election Commissioner S Y Qureshi had
directed candidates to open new bank accounts for making all
The tenth assembly polls in Manipur for sixty seats
will be held on January 28 and the counting will be held on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir