Election expenditure to be monitored in Manipur
Imphal: Unlike in the past, expenditure
of candidates for the Manipur Assembly elections on January 28
would be closely monitored by the IT department, officials
said on Monday.
About 55 officials from the directorate of income tax
would arrive here in the next few days to oversee expenditures
of the candidates and to check excess expenditures.
Officials said the team would be divided in groups and
deployed at all the district headquarters to do their
The authorities are also considering to question any
candidate withdrawing more than Rs 1 lakh from his bank
Earlier, Chief Election Commissioner S Y Qureshi had
directed candidates to open new bank accounts for making all
The tenth assembly polls in Manipur for sixty seats
will be held on January 28 and the counting will be held on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Samajwadi Party party of one family and goons: Amit Shah
- Ranbir Kapoor-Salman Khan to heat up 'chilly' 2017 Christmas
- Jharkhand BJP chief's son accused of sexual exploitation, marrying a minor
- Mark Ruffalo wants full-fledged solo movie on 'Black Widow'
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' will hit silver-screen with songs