Election Results 2012: CPI(M) retains Nalchar seat
Agartala: The ruling CPI(M) in Tripura Friday retained the Nalchar assembly seat in Sipahijala district as its candidate won by 4777 votes defeating the Congress candidate in the bypoll, official sources said.
The CPI (M) candidate Tapan Chandra Das secured 18001 votes while his nearest rival from opposition Congress Dwijendralal Majumder got 13,224 votes in the bypoll which was held on June 12, the sources said.
The seat fell vacant following the death of ruling CPI-M, MLA, Sukumar Burman on March 10.
Record 95.93 per cent votes were polled in the Nalchar assembly by-poll held on June 12.
The Nalchar assembly constituency was won six times by the CPI-M and two times by the Congress since Tripura was elevated to the status of a full-fledged state in February 1972.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!