Electioneering picks up in Mizoram bypoll
Aizawl: With only nine days left for campaigning, electioneering has picked up for the by-poll to Chalfilh assembly seat in Mizoram to be held on February 23.
The ruling Congress nominee Dr Ngurdingliana began the second phase of campaigning from yesterday with ruling legislators and senior party leaders reaching different villages in the constituency yesterday.
More Congress leaders and legislators today left Aizawl for the constituency even as almost all the villages have been covered already.
The main opposition, Mizo National Front (MNF) candidate Lalvenhima Hmar also continued his campaign which he began just after the scrutiny of the nomination papers were conducted.
Besides top MNF leaders canvassing in the seat, groups led by party chief Zoramthanga, Senior Vice President Tawnluia, Vice President R Tlanghmingthanga and the lone Rajya Sabha member Lalhming Liana would begin the campaign from this week, MNF sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened