Electoral rolls revision to begin soon
Aizawl: A meeting on special revision of electoral rolls on Thursday decided to enroll those people who did not allow their names to be included in the voters lists due to religious beliefs, an official statement of the Mizoram government said.
The statement said that election officials should bring home on such people the concept of being Indian citizens and the rights and responsibilities of the citizens to elect their representatives.
The meeting, chaired by the state chief electoral officer K Riachho, also expressed satisfaction over the fact that all the electorates in the state have been issued electoral photo identity card.
Special electoral revision exercise would begin in the state from August, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog