Electoral rolls revision to begin soon
Aizawl: A meeting on special revision of electoral rolls on Thursday decided to enroll those people who did not allow their names to be included in the voters lists due to religious beliefs, an official statement of the Mizoram government said.
The statement said that election officials should bring home on such people the concept of being Indian citizens and the rights and responsibilities of the citizens to elect their representatives.
The meeting, chaired by the state chief electoral officer K Riachho, also expressed satisfaction over the fact that all the electorates in the state have been issued electoral photo identity card.
Special electoral revision exercise would begin in the state from August, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured