Electoral rolls revision to begin soon
Aizawl: A meeting on special revision of electoral rolls on Thursday decided to enroll those people who did not allow their names to be included in the voters lists due to religious beliefs, an official statement of the Mizoram government said.
The statement said that election officials should bring home on such people the concept of being Indian citizens and the rights and responsibilities of the citizens to elect their representatives.
The meeting, chaired by the state chief electoral officer K Riachho, also expressed satisfaction over the fact that all the electorates in the state have been issued electoral photo identity card.
Special electoral revision exercise would begin in the state from August, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites