Eleven militants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Eleven militants have been arrested during combing operations in Manipur, police said on Wednesday.
Five militants, including two women, were arrested by 24th Assam Rifles battalion personnel at Khudengtabi area in Chandel district after they had crossed the Indo-Myanmar border and were proceeding to Imphal yesterday, they said.
Five M-16 rifles were recovered from their possession, they said.
In another operation last evening, three insurgents of the United National Liberation Front identified as Ngangom Roshan (19), Abung Malemnganba (19) and Milan Gurung (19) were nabbed from Asang Khulen area in Ukhrul district by 44th Assam Rifles battalion personnel, the police said.
Police commandos in another search operation last evening arrested two militants of Kangleipak Communist Party, identified as Sanjoy Khan (24) and Sajid Khan (25), from Lilong area in Thoubal district.
"Extortion letters" were recovered from them, the police said.
An official report from Churachandpur district said a militant of Kuki National Army, identified as Th Naoba (42), was taken into custody during frisking of passers-by at Bijang area in the district yesterday.
One 9mm pistol was seized from him, the report said.
All the arrested militants have been handed over to the Imphal police station for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply