Eleven militants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Eleven militants have been arrested during combing operations in Manipur, police said on Wednesday.
Five militants, including two women, were arrested by 24th Assam Rifles battalion personnel at Khudengtabi area in Chandel district after they had crossed the Indo-Myanmar border and were proceeding to Imphal yesterday, they said.
Five M-16 rifles were recovered from their possession, they said.
In another operation last evening, three insurgents of the United National Liberation Front identified as Ngangom Roshan (19), Abung Malemnganba (19) and Milan Gurung (19) were nabbed from Asang Khulen area in Ukhrul district by 44th Assam Rifles battalion personnel, the police said.
Police commandos in another search operation last evening arrested two militants of Kangleipak Communist Party, identified as Sanjoy Khan (24) and Sajid Khan (25), from Lilong area in Thoubal district.
"Extortion letters" were recovered from them, the police said.
An official report from Churachandpur district said a militant of Kuki National Army, identified as Th Naoba (42), was taken into custody during frisking of passers-by at Bijang area in the district yesterday.
One 9mm pistol was seized from him, the report said.
All the arrested militants have been handed over to the Imphal police station for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...