Employees of security agency involved in ATM loot arrested
Itanagar: In a major breakthrough, Itanagar police on Wednesday arrested both the employees of Security Intelligence Service India Limited (SIS) who decamped with an amount of Rs 17 lakh of an ATM of Axis Bank on December 1.
Tagru Tasang and Tagru Tapak the accused were arrested from a jungle at Hollongi, near here in the wee hours, Capital SP Surinder Kumar said today.
Police also recovered a partial amount of the cash and efforts were on to recover the remaining amount, the SP said and added that a case was registered and interrogation of both the accused were on.
They would be produced before the magistrate within 24 hours, he added.
Tasang, the cash custodian and Tapak the driver of SIS, an outsourced agency entrusted with the job of depositing cash at ATMs of Axis Bank, had fled with the amount on the day while they were on their way to deposit the cash at the ATMs located at Nirjuli and Naharlagun.
It was the second incident of bank loot within a month after armed gunmen robbed an amount of RS 4.5 lakh from the Ganga branch of Rural Bank on November 8.
Police, however, arrested the prime accused Lokam Tagio from Chimpu near here on November 25 and seized a pistol and three rounds of ammuntion from his possession.
During October last year, miscreants looted an amount of RS 22 lakh from the Axis Bank ATM at Naharlagun when the security agency was depositing the cash.
Police arrested all the accused within six months and recovered the amount partially.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing