Employees of security agency involved in ATM loot arrested
Itanagar: In a major breakthrough, Itanagar police on Wednesday arrested both the employees of Security Intelligence Service India Limited (SIS) who decamped with an amount of Rs 17 lakh of an ATM of Axis Bank on December 1.
Tagru Tasang and Tagru Tapak the accused were arrested from a jungle at Hollongi, near here in the wee hours, Capital SP Surinder Kumar said today.
Police also recovered a partial amount of the cash and efforts were on to recover the remaining amount, the SP said and added that a case was registered and interrogation of both the accused were on.
They would be produced before the magistrate within 24 hours, he added.
Tasang, the cash custodian and Tapak the driver of SIS, an outsourced agency entrusted with the job of depositing cash at ATMs of Axis Bank, had fled with the amount on the day while they were on their way to deposit the cash at the ATMs located at Nirjuli and Naharlagun.
It was the second incident of bank loot within a month after armed gunmen robbed an amount of RS 4.5 lakh from the Ganga branch of Rural Bank on November 8.
Police, however, arrested the prime accused Lokam Tagio from Chimpu near here on November 25 and seized a pistol and three rounds of ammuntion from his possession.
During October last year, miscreants looted an amount of RS 22 lakh from the Axis Bank ATM at Naharlagun when the security agency was depositing the cash.
Police arrested all the accused within six months and recovered the amount partially.
- Why would I hug Arvind Kejriwal forcibly, is he a 'heroine'? asks Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now