Employees of security agency involved in ATM loot arrested
Itanagar: In a major breakthrough, Itanagar police on Wednesday arrested both the employees of Security Intelligence Service India Limited (SIS) who decamped with an amount of Rs 17 lakh of an ATM of Axis Bank on December 1.
Tagru Tasang and Tagru Tapak the accused were arrested from a jungle at Hollongi, near here in the wee hours, Capital SP Surinder Kumar said today.
Police also recovered a partial amount of the cash and efforts were on to recover the remaining amount, the SP said and added that a case was registered and interrogation of both the accused were on.
They would be produced before the magistrate within 24 hours, he added.
Tasang, the cash custodian and Tapak the driver of SIS, an outsourced agency entrusted with the job of depositing cash at ATMs of Axis Bank, had fled with the amount on the day while they were on their way to deposit the cash at the ATMs located at Nirjuli and Naharlagun.
It was the second incident of bank loot within a month after armed gunmen robbed an amount of RS 4.5 lakh from the Ganga branch of Rural Bank on November 8.
Police, however, arrested the prime accused Lokam Tagio from Chimpu near here on November 25 and seized a pistol and three rounds of ammuntion from his possession.
During October last year, miscreants looted an amount of RS 22 lakh from the Axis Bank ATM at Naharlagun when the security agency was depositing the cash.
Police arrested all the accused within six months and recovered the amount partially.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read