Entire opposition walkout in Assam assembly
Guwahati: The entire opposition in the
Assam assembly today walked out over the alleged multi crore N
C Development fund scam when Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai only
allowed discussion on the admissibility of an adjournment
Trouble started when the opposition members led by
Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) president Chandra Mohan Patowary
pressed for an adjournment motion terming the scam as biggest
financial scandal hitting Assam.
Denying that the matter was subjudice, Patowary urged
the Speaker to allow the adjournment motion to discuss some
portions of the NIA probe report which mentioned the
involvement of government officers and suggested a CBI probe.
Patowary alleged that seven ministers and several
government servants were involved in the scandal and the state
government asked for a CBI probe after being compelled by the
Several opposition members, including former chief
minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta (AGP), Aditya Langthasa
(AUDF), Mission Ranjan Das (BJP) and Dhrupad Borgohain (CPI),
spoke in support of the adjournment motion.
The Speaker then allowed a discussion on the
admissibility of the adjournment motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100