Entire opposition walkout in Assam assembly
Guwahati: The entire opposition in the
Assam assembly today walked out over the alleged multi crore N
C Development fund scam when Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai only
allowed discussion on the admissibility of an adjournment
Trouble started when the opposition members led by
Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) president Chandra Mohan Patowary
pressed for an adjournment motion terming the scam as biggest
financial scandal hitting Assam.
Denying that the matter was subjudice, Patowary urged
the Speaker to allow the adjournment motion to discuss some
portions of the NIA probe report which mentioned the
involvement of government officers and suggested a CBI probe.
Patowary alleged that seven ministers and several
government servants were involved in the scandal and the state
government asked for a CBI probe after being compelled by the
Several opposition members, including former chief
minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta (AGP), Aditya Langthasa
(AUDF), Mission Ranjan Das (BJP) and Dhrupad Borgohain (CPI),
spoke in support of the adjournment motion.
The Speaker then allowed a discussion on the
admissibility of the adjournment motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test