Entire opposition walkout in Assam assembly
Guwahati: The entire opposition in the
Assam assembly today walked out over the alleged multi crore N
C Development fund scam when Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai only
allowed discussion on the admissibility of an adjournment
Trouble started when the opposition members led by
Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) president Chandra Mohan Patowary
pressed for an adjournment motion terming the scam as biggest
financial scandal hitting Assam.
Denying that the matter was subjudice, Patowary urged
the Speaker to allow the adjournment motion to discuss some
portions of the NIA probe report which mentioned the
involvement of government officers and suggested a CBI probe.
Patowary alleged that seven ministers and several
government servants were involved in the scandal and the state
government asked for a CBI probe after being compelled by the
Several opposition members, including former chief
minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta (AGP), Aditya Langthasa
(AUDF), Mission Ranjan Das (BJP) and Dhrupad Borgohain (CPI),
spoke in support of the adjournment motion.
The Speaker then allowed a discussion on the
admissibility of the adjournment motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding
- Summer health tips: How to stay energetic throughout the day!
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'
- Ravi Shastri accuses Sourav Ganguly of being disrespectful during the interview process