EVMs checking carried out in Meghalaya
Shillong: The first level checking (FLC) of electronic voting machines (EVMs) was carried out Tuesday as part of election commission`s preparation for the Assembly polls in the state scheduled early next year.
A team of engineers from the Electronics Corporation of India (ECIL), the manufacturer of these EVMs, conducted the checking at various places across the state amid tight security, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) P Naik said here.
Representatives from various parties including Congress, NCP, UDP, HSPDP and KHNAM took part in a mandatory mock poll to check for flaws in the machines, the CEO told reporters.
The entire process was monitored by an additional district magistrate under video surveillance, he said, adding the the work for the FLC will continue tomorrow also.
Although the state government had sought around 4000 EVMs for more than 2400 polling stations across the state, 2500 machines were sent from West Bengal for the FLC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information