EVMs checking carried out in Meghalaya
Shillong: The first level checking (FLC) of electronic voting machines (EVMs) was carried out Tuesday as part of election commission`s preparation for the Assembly polls in the state scheduled early next year.
A team of engineers from the Electronics Corporation of India (ECIL), the manufacturer of these EVMs, conducted the checking at various places across the state amid tight security, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) P Naik said here.
Representatives from various parties including Congress, NCP, UDP, HSPDP and KHNAM took part in a mandatory mock poll to check for flaws in the machines, the CEO told reporters.
The entire process was monitored by an additional district magistrate under video surveillance, he said, adding the the work for the FLC will continue tomorrow also.
Although the state government had sought around 4000 EVMs for more than 2400 polling stations across the state, 2500 machines were sent from West Bengal for the FLC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight