Ex-CM Brig Sailo`s son elected as MPC President
Aizawl: Retired Indian Revenue Service
(IRS) officer Lalhmangaiha Sailo, son of former state chief minister Brig. T. Sailo, was on Wednesday elected as president of the
Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) taking over the baton from
his elderly father.
H. Zosangliana, President of Mizoram Journalists
Association and returning officer of the MPC party elections,
said Sailo defeated another contestant and former Deputy Chief
Minister Lalhmingthanga in a straight contest.
Former assembly Deputy Speaker Vanlalhlana was elected
as the Vice President and MLA Lalthansanga MLA as treasurer of
Brig. Sailo, who was the Chief Minister of Mizoram
during 1978-1984, earlier announced his retirement from active
politics and the contest for the MPC chief was between his son
Sailo and sister`s son Lalhmingthanga.
The MPC is having two legislators, including Brig.
Sailo, in the 40-member state legislature.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis