Ex-CM Brig Sailo`s son elected as MPC President
Aizawl: Retired Indian Revenue Service
(IRS) officer Lalhmangaiha Sailo, son of former state chief minister Brig. T. Sailo, was on Wednesday elected as president of the
Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) taking over the baton from
his elderly father.
H. Zosangliana, President of Mizoram Journalists
Association and returning officer of the MPC party elections,
said Sailo defeated another contestant and former Deputy Chief
Minister Lalhmingthanga in a straight contest.
Former assembly Deputy Speaker Vanlalhlana was elected
as the Vice President and MLA Lalthansanga MLA as treasurer of
Brig. Sailo, who was the Chief Minister of Mizoram
during 1978-1984, earlier announced his retirement from active
politics and the contest for the MPC chief was between his son
Sailo and sister`s son Lalhmingthanga.
The MPC is having two legislators, including Brig.
Sailo, in the 40-member state legislature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...