Ex-CM Brig Sailo`s son elected as MPC President
Aizawl: Retired Indian Revenue Service
(IRS) officer Lalhmangaiha Sailo, son of former state chief minister Brig. T. Sailo, was on Wednesday elected as president of the
Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) taking over the baton from
his elderly father.
H. Zosangliana, President of Mizoram Journalists
Association and returning officer of the MPC party elections,
said Sailo defeated another contestant and former Deputy Chief
Minister Lalhmingthanga in a straight contest.
Former assembly Deputy Speaker Vanlalhlana was elected
as the Vice President and MLA Lalthansanga MLA as treasurer of
Brig. Sailo, who was the Chief Minister of Mizoram
during 1978-1984, earlier announced his retirement from active
politics and the contest for the MPC chief was between his son
Sailo and sister`s son Lalhmingthanga.
The MPC is having two legislators, including Brig.
Sailo, in the 40-member state legislature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued