Ex-gratia announced for victims of fire in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1.5 lakh to the next of kin of a woman and her two daughters who died in a fire at Daporijo in Upper Subansiri district.
The woman, who was pregnant and her two daughters, were charred to death while six others received partial burn injuries in a fire at Sigin colony in the district yesterday.
"Fires are the result of our own carelessness and therefore we need to take preventive measures for our own good, the chief minister said.
He also directed district administrations to create awareness and keeping fire fighting machinery on alert during the winter and power blackouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!