Ex-gratia announced for victims of fire in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1.5 lakh to the next of kin of a woman and her two daughters who died in a fire at Daporijo in Upper Subansiri district.
The woman, who was pregnant and her two daughters, were charred to death while six others received partial burn injuries in a fire at Sigin colony in the district yesterday.
"Fires are the result of our own carelessness and therefore we need to take preventive measures for our own good, the chief minister said.
He also directed district administrations to create awareness and keeping fire fighting machinery on alert during the winter and power blackouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites