Ex-gratia announced for victims of fire in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1.5 lakh to the next of kin of a woman and her two daughters who died in a fire at Daporijo in Upper Subansiri district.
The woman, who was pregnant and her two daughters, were charred to death while six others received partial burn injuries in a fire at Sigin colony in the district yesterday.
"Fires are the result of our own carelessness and therefore we need to take preventive measures for our own good, the chief minister said.
He also directed district administrations to create awareness and keeping fire fighting machinery on alert during the winter and power blackouts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India