Ex-gratia announced for victims of fire in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1.5 lakh to the next of kin of a woman and her two daughters who died in a fire at Daporijo in Upper Subansiri district.
The woman, who was pregnant and her two daughters, were charred to death while six others received partial burn injuries in a fire at Sigin colony in the district yesterday.
"Fires are the result of our own carelessness and therefore we need to take preventive measures for our own good, the chief minister said.
He also directed district administrations to create awareness and keeping fire fighting machinery on alert during the winter and power blackouts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube