Ex-Nagaland minister held with Rs 1.10 cr cash granted bail
Kohima: A court on Wednesday granted bail to former Nagaland home minister Imkong L Imchen who was arrested in Wokha district here for allegedly transporting Rs 1.10 crore in cash and arms and ammunition.
Imchen was produced before the Wokha district judicial magistrate who granted him bail on `health ground`.
Assam Rifles personnel while conducting searches on vehicles on Monday morning detained Imchen while he was on his way to his Assembly constituency Koridanga in Mokokchung district.
The Assam Rifles personnel handed him over to the district police who arrested Imchen for allegedly transporting Rs 1.10 crore in cash, arms and ammunition in his vehicle.
Meanwhile, official sources in the Chief Minister`s Office here, has confirmed that the Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio yesterday accepted Imchen`s resignation from the council of ministers.
Rio would now be holding additional charge of the Home portfolio till electioneering is over in the state, they said.
After his arrest by the police Imchem had submitted his resignation to the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered