Ex-Nagaland minister held with Rs 1.10 cr cash granted bail
Kohima: A court on Wednesday granted bail to former Nagaland home minister Imkong L Imchen who was arrested in Wokha district here for allegedly transporting Rs 1.10 crore in cash and arms and ammunition.
Imchen was produced before the Wokha district judicial magistrate who granted him bail on `health ground`.
Assam Rifles personnel while conducting searches on vehicles on Monday morning detained Imchen while he was on his way to his Assembly constituency Koridanga in Mokokchung district.
The Assam Rifles personnel handed him over to the district police who arrested Imchen for allegedly transporting Rs 1.10 crore in cash, arms and ammunition in his vehicle.
Meanwhile, official sources in the Chief Minister`s Office here, has confirmed that the Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio yesterday accepted Imchen`s resignation from the council of ministers.
Rio would now be holding additional charge of the Home portfolio till electioneering is over in the state, they said.
After his arrest by the police Imchem had submitted his resignation to the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site