Explosion damages building, govt offices in Aizawl
Aizawl: A powerful explosion at the central Treasury Square here damaged a building in the Assembly Secretariat and the Information and Public Relations office, police said today.
A small building, housing drivers, in the Assembly Secretariat was damaged and all the window panes of both the government offices were smashed under the impact of the explosion at about 11 PM last night.
Nobody was injured.
Gelatin was suspected to be used in the explosion. It was the most powerful explosion in Aizawl since the Mizo peace accord signed in 1986, ending 20 years of insurgency in the state, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet