Explosion damages building, govt offices in Aizawl
Aizawl: A powerful explosion at the central Treasury Square here damaged a building in the Assembly Secretariat and the Information and Public Relations office, police said today.
A small building, housing drivers, in the Assembly Secretariat was damaged and all the window panes of both the government offices were smashed under the impact of the explosion at about 11 PM last night.
Nobody was injured.
Gelatin was suspected to be used in the explosion. It was the most powerful explosion in Aizawl since the Mizo peace accord signed in 1986, ending 20 years of insurgency in the state, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!