Explosion in medical institute complex, no casualties
Imphal: Militants exploded a powerful grenade in the complex of the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital (RIMSH) in Imphal West district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, police said on Wednesday.
The militants might have lobbed the grenade from back side of the official residence of RIMSH Director Shekharjit Singh located in the complex of the institute yesterday, police said, adding the spot of explosion was about 50 metres from his residence.
The impact of the explosion was so strong that it could be heard a few kilometres away from the spot, they said, adding that forces from Lamphel Police Station, just about 200 metres from RIMSH, rushed to the spot minutes after the incident and surrounded all exit points before launching search operation and frisking passers-by.
The militants might have escaped towards nearby Langol hill areas.
This was the third grenade explosion at the RIMSH complex in the past four or five months.
Earlier, a militant outfit had lobbed a powerful grenade at garden complex of the institute about two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read