Explosion in medical institute complex, no casualties
Imphal: Militants exploded a powerful grenade in the complex of the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital (RIMSH) in Imphal West district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, police said on Wednesday.
The militants might have lobbed the grenade from back side of the official residence of RIMSH Director Shekharjit Singh located in the complex of the institute yesterday, police said, adding the spot of explosion was about 50 metres from his residence.
The impact of the explosion was so strong that it could be heard a few kilometres away from the spot, they said, adding that forces from Lamphel Police Station, just about 200 metres from RIMSH, rushed to the spot minutes after the incident and surrounded all exit points before launching search operation and frisking passers-by.
The militants might have escaped towards nearby Langol hill areas.
This was the third grenade explosion at the RIMSH complex in the past four or five months.
Earlier, a militant outfit had lobbed a powerful grenade at garden complex of the institute about two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Subramanian panel submits report on New Education Policy
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' Parineeti Chopra is in awe of Kolkata!
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu hints at providing reservation to upper caste poor
- French Open 2016, Day 6: Rafael Nadal pulls out, Andy Murray and Kei Nishikori enter last 16
- China to expand counter-terror cooperation with India: Official