Explosion in medical institute complex, no casualties
Imphal: Militants exploded a powerful grenade in the complex of the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital (RIMSH) in Imphal West district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, police said on Wednesday.
The militants might have lobbed the grenade from back side of the official residence of RIMSH Director Shekharjit Singh located in the complex of the institute yesterday, police said, adding the spot of explosion was about 50 metres from his residence.
The impact of the explosion was so strong that it could be heard a few kilometres away from the spot, they said, adding that forces from Lamphel Police Station, just about 200 metres from RIMSH, rushed to the spot minutes after the incident and surrounded all exit points before launching search operation and frisking passers-by.
The militants might have escaped towards nearby Langol hill areas.
This was the third grenade explosion at the RIMSH complex in the past four or five months.
Earlier, a militant outfit had lobbed a powerful grenade at garden complex of the institute about two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16