Explosion rocks Aizawl building
Aizawl: A powerful explosion badly damaged an old building at Borabazar in Aizawl, police said on Friday.
Though no one was killed or injured in the explosion last night, it caused severe damage to the building and the impact resulted in the collapse of a retaining wall nearby, they said.
Meanwhile, five suspected militants belonging to the Manipur-based Hmar People`s Convention (Democrats) involved in an explosion near the state Assembly secretariat on January 30, were arrested by the Mizoram Police, police said.
The five suspects led by Anthony Lalwelcome (35) of the HPC(D) were arrested in Parvachawm in Manipur and handed over to the Assam Rifles officials there, they said.
Around 300 rounds of AK-47 ammunitions and 160 rounds of other guns and ammunition were recovered from them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why