Explosion rocks Aizawl building
Aizawl: A powerful explosion badly damaged an old building at Borabazar in Aizawl, police said on Friday.
Though no one was killed or injured in the explosion last night, it caused severe damage to the building and the impact resulted in the collapse of a retaining wall nearby, they said.
Meanwhile, five suspected militants belonging to the Manipur-based Hmar People`s Convention (Democrats) involved in an explosion near the state Assembly secretariat on January 30, were arrested by the Mizoram Police, police said.
The five suspects led by Anthony Lalwelcome (35) of the HPC(D) were arrested in Parvachawm in Manipur and handed over to the Assam Rifles officials there, they said.
Around 300 rounds of AK-47 ammunitions and 160 rounds of other guns and ammunition were recovered from them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- 2016 Canada Open: Jwala Gutta-Ashwini Ponappa pair eyes title ahead of Rio Games
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Brexit vote sends new shocks through financial markets, political chaos deepens
- Wimbledon: World No. 223 dumps out Ana Ivanovic in first round
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory