Extortionists arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Two college students who tried to extort money from a shop-keeper at Bomdila in Arunachal Pradesh`s West Kameng district have been arrested. The two students were caught by a flying squad when they went to collect the money on Monday from the shop-keeper, Superintendent of Police Nupur Prasad said on Tuesday.
A case has been registered against the students, Gaye Taniang and Deepak Pareng, he said. Earlier on Sunday, two persons claiming to be NDFB cadre were arrested for serving an extortion notice for Rs 5 lakh on February 14 to the principal of the Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Balijan in Papum Pare district, SP Nabam Gungte said.
The two, Rocky Basumatary and Dayal Basumatary, were arrested after their mobile phones, with which they made calls to the principal, were traced to Simaluguri in Assam?s Sonitpur district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama