Extortionists arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Two college students who tried to extort money from a shop-keeper at Bomdila in Arunachal Pradesh`s West Kameng district have been arrested. The two students were caught by a flying squad when they went to collect the money on Monday from the shop-keeper, Superintendent of Police Nupur Prasad said on Tuesday.
A case has been registered against the students, Gaye Taniang and Deepak Pareng, he said. Earlier on Sunday, two persons claiming to be NDFB cadre were arrested for serving an extortion notice for Rs 5 lakh on February 14 to the principal of the Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Balijan in Papum Pare district, SP Nabam Gungte said.
The two, Rocky Basumatary and Dayal Basumatary, were arrested after their mobile phones, with which they made calls to the principal, were traced to Simaluguri in Assam?s Sonitpur district, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times