Extortionists arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Two college students who tried to extort money from a shop-keeper at Bomdila in Arunachal Pradesh`s West Kameng district have been arrested. The two students were caught by a flying squad when they went to collect the money on Monday from the shop-keeper, Superintendent of Police Nupur Prasad said on Tuesday.
A case has been registered against the students, Gaye Taniang and Deepak Pareng, he said. Earlier on Sunday, two persons claiming to be NDFB cadre were arrested for serving an extortion notice for Rs 5 lakh on February 14 to the principal of the Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Balijan in Papum Pare district, SP Nabam Gungte said.
The two, Rocky Basumatary and Dayal Basumatary, were arrested after their mobile phones, with which they made calls to the principal, were traced to Simaluguri in Assam?s Sonitpur district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing