Extortionists arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Two college students who tried to extort money from a shop-keeper at Bomdila in Arunachal Pradesh`s West Kameng district have been arrested. The two students were caught by a flying squad when they went to collect the money on Monday from the shop-keeper, Superintendent of Police Nupur Prasad said on Tuesday.
A case has been registered against the students, Gaye Taniang and Deepak Pareng, he said. Earlier on Sunday, two persons claiming to be NDFB cadre were arrested for serving an extortion notice for Rs 5 lakh on February 14 to the principal of the Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Balijan in Papum Pare district, SP Nabam Gungte said.
The two, Rocky Basumatary and Dayal Basumatary, were arrested after their mobile phones, with which they made calls to the principal, were traced to Simaluguri in Assam?s Sonitpur district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them