Extortionists arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: Two college students who tried to extort money from a shop-keeper at Bomdila in Arunachal Pradesh`s West Kameng district have been arrested. The two students were caught by a flying squad when they went to collect the money on Monday from the shop-keeper, Superintendent of Police Nupur Prasad said on Tuesday.
A case has been registered against the students, Gaye Taniang and Deepak Pareng, he said. Earlier on Sunday, two persons claiming to be NDFB cadre were arrested for serving an extortion notice for Rs 5 lakh on February 14 to the principal of the Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Balijan in Papum Pare district, SP Nabam Gungte said.
The two, Rocky Basumatary and Dayal Basumatary, were arrested after their mobile phones, with which they made calls to the principal, were traced to Simaluguri in Assam?s Sonitpur district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick