Family to construct memorial of late Arunachal CM
Itanagar: The family members of late Arunachal chief minister Dorjee Khandu have decided to construct a memorial at Luguthang, the site where the chopper carrying him and four others on board had crashed.
Khandu was killed in the crash on April 30, ten minutes after take off from Tawang helipad and his remains were found on May 4.
The decision to construct the `stupa` was taken by Tsering Tashi, the second son of Khandu, who along with other family members visited the site at Luguthang on Thursday and prayed for his soul`s peace.
Tashi extended gratitude to the villagers of Luguthang for the search operation, distributed medicines and food among them and also provided financial assistance to those living below poverty line.
The 49-days religious ritual for late Khandu is scheduled to begin here on June 17 where mass participation is expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'