Family to construct memorial of late Arunachal CM
Itanagar: The family members of late Arunachal chief minister Dorjee Khandu have decided to construct a memorial at Luguthang, the site where the chopper carrying him and four others on board had crashed.
Khandu was killed in the crash on April 30, ten minutes after take off from Tawang helipad and his remains were found on May 4.
The decision to construct the `stupa` was taken by Tsering Tashi, the second son of Khandu, who along with other family members visited the site at Luguthang on Thursday and prayed for his soul`s peace.
Tashi extended gratitude to the villagers of Luguthang for the search operation, distributed medicines and food among them and also provided financial assistance to those living below poverty line.
The 49-days religious ritual for late Khandu is scheduled to begin here on June 17 where mass participation is expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray