Family to construct memorial of late Arunachal CM
Itanagar: The family members of late Arunachal chief minister Dorjee Khandu have decided to construct a memorial at Luguthang, the site where the chopper carrying him and four others on board had crashed.
Khandu was killed in the crash on April 30, ten minutes after take off from Tawang helipad and his remains were found on May 4.
The decision to construct the `stupa` was taken by Tsering Tashi, the second son of Khandu, who along with other family members visited the site at Luguthang on Thursday and prayed for his soul`s peace.
Tashi extended gratitude to the villagers of Luguthang for the search operation, distributed medicines and food among them and also provided financial assistance to those living below poverty line.
The 49-days religious ritual for late Khandu is scheduled to begin here on June 17 where mass participation is expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview