Family to construct memorial of late Arunachal CM
Itanagar: The family members of late Arunachal chief minister Dorjee Khandu have decided to construct a memorial at Luguthang, the site where the chopper carrying him and four others on board had crashed.
Khandu was killed in the crash on April 30, ten minutes after take off from Tawang helipad and his remains were found on May 4.
The decision to construct the `stupa` was taken by Tsering Tashi, the second son of Khandu, who along with other family members visited the site at Luguthang on Thursday and prayed for his soul`s peace.
Tashi extended gratitude to the villagers of Luguthang for the search operation, distributed medicines and food among them and also provided financial assistance to those living below poverty line.
The 49-days religious ritual for late Khandu is scheduled to begin here on June 17 where mass participation is expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach