Family to construct memorial of late Arunachal CM
Itanagar: The family members of late Arunachal chief minister Dorjee Khandu have decided to construct a memorial at Luguthang, the site where the chopper carrying him and four others on board had crashed.
Khandu was killed in the crash on April 30, ten minutes after take off from Tawang helipad and his remains were found on May 4.
The decision to construct the `stupa` was taken by Tsering Tashi, the second son of Khandu, who along with other family members visited the site at Luguthang on Thursday and prayed for his soul`s peace.
Tashi extended gratitude to the villagers of Luguthang for the search operation, distributed medicines and food among them and also provided financial assistance to those living below poverty line.
The 49-days religious ritual for late Khandu is scheduled to begin here on June 17 where mass participation is expected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 23 new doping failures from 2012 London Olympic Games: IOC
- Hamid Ansari's Morocco visit will boost strategic partnership with India: Larbi Reffouh
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome: Iran
- Listen to the government, Bajrang Dal is not BJP, says Amit Shah
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!