Farmer shot dead by B’desh forces in Tripura
Agartala: A farmer was Friday shot dead in
Sipahijala district along the Indo-Bangla border by Border Guards of Bangaldesh, police said.
DIG, Police (Control), Nepal Das said, the farmer, Shaha Alam of Tarakpur village, went to till his field at about 6:30 AM when he was shot dead by BGB personnel.
They also tried to pull the body across the border but the villagers rushed to the spot and prevented them from doing
so, Das said.
The villagers managed to detain a head constable of BGB, who was later handed over to Border Security Personnel, he said.
Top officials of BSF, BGB and Superintendent of Police of
Sipahijala have rushed to the spot with additional forces.
The DIG said the situation was tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday