Farmer shot dead by B’desh forces in Tripura
Agartala: A farmer was Friday shot dead in
Sipahijala district along the Indo-Bangla border by Border Guards of Bangaldesh, police said.
DIG, Police (Control), Nepal Das said, the farmer, Shaha Alam of Tarakpur village, went to till his field at about 6:30 AM when he was shot dead by BGB personnel.
They also tried to pull the body across the border but the villagers rushed to the spot and prevented them from doing
so, Das said.
The villagers managed to detain a head constable of BGB, who was later handed over to Border Security Personnel, he said.
Top officials of BSF, BGB and Superintendent of Police of
Sipahijala have rushed to the spot with additional forces.
The DIG said the situation was tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand