Farmer shot dead by B’desh forces in Tripura
Agartala: A farmer was Friday shot dead in
Sipahijala district along the Indo-Bangla border by Border Guards of Bangaldesh, police said.
DIG, Police (Control), Nepal Das said, the farmer, Shaha Alam of Tarakpur village, went to till his field at about 6:30 AM when he was shot dead by BGB personnel.
They also tried to pull the body across the border but the villagers rushed to the spot and prevented them from doing
so, Das said.
The villagers managed to detain a head constable of BGB, who was later handed over to Border Security Personnel, he said.
Top officials of BSF, BGB and Superintendent of Police of
Sipahijala have rushed to the spot with additional forces.
The DIG said the situation was tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman