Farmers oppose big dams in Arunachal
Lakhimpur: A farmers` organisation has
opposed the proposed construction of big dams in Arunachal
Pradesh claiming that it will have adverse impact in Assam.
Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) General Secretary
Akhil Gogoi told reporters here that they would oppose the
construction 132 mega dams in the state and urged the
opposition to press for a resolution in the state assembly
While urging the state government to stall the
construction of the big dams, Gogoi demanded that three hydro
electric projects including the lower Subsansiri dam project
On the micro-power projects, Gogoi said the power
generated should be used in the north eastern region only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?