Farmers oppose big dams in Arunachal
Lakhimpur: A farmers` organisation has
opposed the proposed construction of big dams in Arunachal
Pradesh claiming that it will have adverse impact in Assam.
Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) General Secretary
Akhil Gogoi told reporters here that they would oppose the
construction 132 mega dams in the state and urged the
opposition to press for a resolution in the state assembly
While urging the state government to stall the
construction of the big dams, Gogoi demanded that three hydro
electric projects including the lower Subsansiri dam project
On the micro-power projects, Gogoi said the power
generated should be used in the north eastern region only.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India