Farmers oppose big dams in Arunachal
Lakhimpur: A farmers` organisation has
opposed the proposed construction of big dams in Arunachal
Pradesh claiming that it will have adverse impact in Assam.
Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) General Secretary
Akhil Gogoi told reporters here that they would oppose the
construction 132 mega dams in the state and urged the
opposition to press for a resolution in the state assembly
While urging the state government to stall the
construction of the big dams, Gogoi demanded that three hydro
electric projects including the lower Subsansiri dam project
On the micro-power projects, Gogoi said the power
generated should be used in the north eastern region only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan