Father accidentally kills son
Aizawl: A man accidentally killed his
14-year-old son with a kitchen knife at Zemabawk locality here on Monday morning, Aizawl district SP Lalbiakthanga Khiangte said.
According to initial reports, Lalrinthanga threw a
kitchen knife at his son that pierced through the latter`s
left breast damaging his heart.
He succumbed to his injuries while being taken to
Greenwood Hospital at Bawngkawn locality.
The SP said that the victim and her mother were going to
collect vegetables from the kitchen garden and the father was
sharpening the knife for them.
"He reportedly threw the knife at his son after sharpening
the knife which accidentally hit him and killed him," he said,
The father claimed that the victim was standing a bit far
and the he had thrown it a bit hard.
The father was yet to be arrested as he has to attend
his son`s funeral, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat in trouble as MNS files complaint against him over video on Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Banks checking loan applicant's capacity to repay on Facebook, LinkedIn