Father accidentally kills son
Aizawl: A man accidentally killed his
14-year-old son with a kitchen knife at Zemabawk locality here on Monday morning, Aizawl district SP Lalbiakthanga Khiangte said.
According to initial reports, Lalrinthanga threw a
kitchen knife at his son that pierced through the latter`s
left breast damaging his heart.
He succumbed to his injuries while being taken to
Greenwood Hospital at Bawngkawn locality.
The SP said that the victim and her mother were going to
collect vegetables from the kitchen garden and the father was
sharpening the knife for them.
"He reportedly threw the knife at his son after sharpening
the knife which accidentally hit him and killed him," he said,
The father claimed that the victim was standing a bit far
and the he had thrown it a bit hard.
The father was yet to be arrested as he has to attend
his son`s funeral, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal