Father, son killed as landslide flattens house
Itanagar: A father and his son were killed when a landslide hit their house near the circuit house at Daporijo in Upper Subansiri district last evening.
While the father died on the spot, his son succumbed to injuries on way to hospital, official sources confirmed today.
Personnel of the district police, the ITBP and local people swung into action soon after the calamity and fished out the duo from under the debris after two hours of efforts, the sources said.
The Bagang Abu Youth Welfare Society, a Daporijo-based NGO, alleged that the two could have been saved had the rescue operation been launched immediately.
It also demanded adequate compensation for the victims’ family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed