Father, son killed as landslide flattens house
Itanagar: A father and his son were killed when a landslide hit their house near the circuit house at Daporijo in Upper Subansiri district last evening.
While the father died on the spot, his son succumbed to injuries on way to hospital, official sources confirmed today.
Personnel of the district police, the ITBP and local people swung into action soon after the calamity and fished out the duo from under the debris after two hours of efforts, the sources said.
The Bagang Abu Youth Welfare Society, a Daporijo-based NGO, alleged that the two could have been saved had the rescue operation been launched immediately.
It also demanded adequate compensation for the victims’ family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!