Father, son killed as landslide flattens house
Itanagar: A father and his son were killed when a landslide hit their house near the circuit house at Daporijo in Upper Subansiri district last evening.
While the father died on the spot, his son succumbed to injuries on way to hospital, official sources confirmed today.
Personnel of the district police, the ITBP and local people swung into action soon after the calamity and fished out the duo from under the debris after two hours of efforts, the sources said.
The Bagang Abu Youth Welfare Society, a Daporijo-based NGO, alleged that the two could have been saved had the rescue operation been launched immediately.
It also demanded adequate compensation for the victims’ family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy