Fees waived for education till college in Sikkim
Gangtok: Sikkim government has waived all fees for education up to college level following a students` agitation demanding roll-back of recent fee hike.
"The government will provide free education up to college level and for those who have already paid, the fees will be refunded. There will be no caution deposit, admission fee or any other fee from now onwards," Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling said Wednesday at the inaugural function of a multi-purpose hall in a school.
The fee hike was rolled back on the first day of the protest on July 14 and the complete waiver was declared yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry