Fencing to be taken up in border areas
Coochbehar: Fencing will be taken up in unfenced areas of the North-Eastern states and West Bengal that share a border with Bangladesh, the BSF said on Saturday.
To check infiltration and smuggling, floodlights were being erected on the borders to detect illegal movement of people, Special Director General, BSF, B D Sharma said today at the Changrabandha border outpost here in Coochbehar district.
An awareness drive was undertaken to make people aware about the necessity of reporting cases of infiltration to the police or border guards, he said.
To help the local people in border areas, the BSF was making arrangements for supplying drinking water and provide ambulances, he said.
The special DG distributed wheelchairs, braille canes and walking sticks to 126 differently abled persons at a programme here.
He said the violence in Assam did not have any impact in Jalpaiguri and Coochbehar ranges of BSF in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’