Film city proposed at Gangtok
Gangtok: Sikkim government will set up a
film city here to tap its landscape and scenic spots for film
shooting and other entertainment programmes, Rural Management
and Development Department (RMDD) minister C B Karki said.
"A suitable land was being scouted for the purpose of
setting up the film city in Gangtok," he said at a function
near here on the occasion of the beginning of a Nepalese film
"Key Saino Ley Bolau".
The proposed film city will provide infrastructure
support for film shooting and other works related to film
production, but also generate employment for the local people,
RMDD Minister also asked the local people to take up
to the entertainment industry and produce films and other
programmes for the viewers in the state and outside and said
that the state government will provide necessary support to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal