Final electoral roll published in Mizoram
Aizawl: There are 6,80,255 voters in Mizoram, according to the final electoral roll of 2013 published here Tuesday after completion of the summary revision of the voters` lists.
The state has more women voters at 3,46,172 while male voters number 3,34,083.
The joint chief electoral officer H T Lalengmawia told PTI that the coming by-polls to the Chalfilh assembly seat would be held based on the new voters` lists.
The Chalfilh by-election is scheduled to be held on February 23 where an electorate of 17,237 including 183 service voters would decide the fates of the candidates.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers