Final voters list of Tripura to be published on Jan 12
Agartala: In wake of the directive from Election Commission, the final voter list of Tripura would be published on January 12 instead of January 5, official sources said on Saturday.
The draft voter’s list was published in Tripura on September 20 and claims and objections ended on October 19, but the EC gave a fresh order asking the state election department to restart the claims and objections, they said.
The process for claims and objections on the draft voter lists would be carried out from November 2 to November 14, with the hearing to start after November 15.
The sources said the commission has taken the initiative so that names of new voters, basing January 18, 2013 as cut-off year, was included in the final voter list.
Congress spokesman Ratan Chakraborty claimed that the ECI ordered the revision after a four-member delegation led by AICC general secretary Luizinho Faleiro, met a full bench of the EC and submitted a memorandum on Thursday alleging duplication and deletion of the names of opposition party supporters from the draft voter lists for the elections.
CPI-M state secretary Bijan Dhar rubbished the allegation saying the opposition Congress was hatching a conspiracy to defer the assembly election scheduled in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO