Final voters list of Tripura to be published on Jan 12
Agartala: In wake of the directive from Election Commission, the final voter list of Tripura would be published on January 12 instead of January 5, official sources said on Saturday.
The draft voter’s list was published in Tripura on September 20 and claims and objections ended on October 19, but the EC gave a fresh order asking the state election department to restart the claims and objections, they said.
The process for claims and objections on the draft voter lists would be carried out from November 2 to November 14, with the hearing to start after November 15.
The sources said the commission has taken the initiative so that names of new voters, basing January 18, 2013 as cut-off year, was included in the final voter list.
Congress spokesman Ratan Chakraborty claimed that the ECI ordered the revision after a four-member delegation led by AICC general secretary Luizinho Faleiro, met a full bench of the EC and submitted a memorandum on Thursday alleging duplication and deletion of the names of opposition party supporters from the draft voter lists for the elections.
CPI-M state secretary Bijan Dhar rubbished the allegation saying the opposition Congress was hatching a conspiracy to defer the assembly election scheduled in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read