Financial transaction in Nagaland hit by bank strike
Kohima: Financial transactions in Nagaland came to a grinding halt on Wednesday as nationalised bank employees in the state joined the country-wide agitation called by National Confederation of Bank Employees.
General Secretary, National Confederation of Bank Employees, Nagaland, A Lolly Moses said the strike has been called to press for immediate wage revision and halt banking sector reforms.
Normal bank functioning would commence tomorrow, he said.
Moses said the Confederation has also demanded that the Nagaland government increase the Christmas holiday for bank employees from three to six days from December 23 as it is considered a Christian state under the Negotiable Instrument Act.
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- See pic: NASA releases updated global map of Pluto!
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls California protesters 'thugs, criminals'