Firing near police outpost in Meghalaya
Shillong: A heavy exchange of fire was
reported between security forces and suspected Garo militants
who apparently targeted a police outpost in Meghalaya`s East
Garo Hills district, police said on Wednesday.
Around 10 to 12 cadres of the Garo National Liberation
Army started firing near Dobu police outpost, not far from the
district headquarter town of Williamnagar, and engaged the
security men who retaliated for over a couple of hours.
The firing from the militants was intermediate and it
went on for three to four hours since last midnight.
"Though they seemed to target the outpost, no bullet
marks were found on the walls of the outpost," a senior police
However, there was no casualty in the firing.
A combing operation was launched in and around the
area after the incident, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!