Firing near police outpost in Meghalaya
Shillong: A heavy exchange of fire was
reported between security forces and suspected Garo militants
who apparently targeted a police outpost in Meghalaya`s East
Garo Hills district, police said on Wednesday.
Around 10 to 12 cadres of the Garo National Liberation
Army started firing near Dobu police outpost, not far from the
district headquarter town of Williamnagar, and engaged the
security men who retaliated for over a couple of hours.
The firing from the militants was intermediate and it
went on for three to four hours since last midnight.
"Though they seemed to target the outpost, no bullet
marks were found on the walls of the outpost," a senior police
However, there was no casualty in the firing.
A combing operation was launched in and around the
area after the incident, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore