Firing near police outpost in Meghalaya
Shillong: A heavy exchange of fire was
reported between security forces and suspected Garo militants
who apparently targeted a police outpost in Meghalaya`s East
Garo Hills district, police said on Wednesday.
Around 10 to 12 cadres of the Garo National Liberation
Army started firing near Dobu police outpost, not far from the
district headquarter town of Williamnagar, and engaged the
security men who retaliated for over a couple of hours.
The firing from the militants was intermediate and it
went on for three to four hours since last midnight.
"Though they seemed to target the outpost, no bullet
marks were found on the walls of the outpost," a senior police
However, there was no casualty in the firing.
A combing operation was launched in and around the
area after the incident, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog