Firing near police outpost in Meghalaya
Shillong: A heavy exchange of fire was
reported between security forces and suspected Garo militants
who apparently targeted a police outpost in Meghalaya`s East
Garo Hills district, police said on Wednesday.
Around 10 to 12 cadres of the Garo National Liberation
Army started firing near Dobu police outpost, not far from the
district headquarter town of Williamnagar, and engaged the
security men who retaliated for over a couple of hours.
The firing from the militants was intermediate and it
went on for three to four hours since last midnight.
"Though they seemed to target the outpost, no bullet
marks were found on the walls of the outpost," a senior police
However, there was no casualty in the firing.
A combing operation was launched in and around the
area after the incident, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’