First Mizo to conquer Mount Everest felicitated
Aizawl: Captain (Dr) Samuel Larintluanga, an
officer of the Army Medical Corps, the first Mizo to conquer
the Everest summit was today felicitated by Mizoram Sports and
Youth Services Minister Zodintluanga by handing over cash
award of Rs one lakh and a certificate of appreciation.
The 29-year-old captain, the first Indian doctor to
complete the training in Alpine Climbing Course, joined the
army in October 2006 as a medical officer and he, with other
armymen conquered the Everest on May 21 last year while he was
posted at the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering.
The team of Lalrintluanga made a record of the Indian
Expedition team to take the shortest time to reach the Everest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray