First snowfall in Tawang in Arunachal
Itanagar: Tawang district bordering China in Arunachal Pradesh has recorded the season`s first snowfall bringing cheer to tourists and local people.
The district received a few inches of snow in the past three days, with the temperature dipping below zero degree Celsius, official sources said today.
Tawang town received less snow in comparison to the district.
According to local people, snowfall on or before Torgya, a three day local monastic festival celebrated at the world renowned Tawang monastery in January, is considered a good omen.
Moderate snowfall was recorded at Sella Pass, located at an altitude of 13,721 feet on the Tawang Bomdila road, the sources said.
The mountains of Mechukha Valley in West Siang district also received snow in the past couple of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Brexit Vote: UK decides to quit European Union; PM David Cameron to resign
- BJD members stone Textile Minister Santosh Gangwar’s car in Odisha, MLA arrested
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics