Five Bangladeshis held in Meghalaya
Shillong: Five Bangladeshis were arrested on Friday along the porous Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya`s South Garo Hills district, officials said.
The five were detained by the Border Security Force before they were formally arrested for trespassing.
Preliminary interrogation revealed that the infiltrators were on their way to Baghmara and adjoining mining areas to work as daily wage labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee
- Nicolas Sarkozy tells comeback rally he would ban burkini across France