Five Bangladeshis held in Meghalaya
Shillong: Five Bangladeshis were arrested on Friday along the porous Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya`s South Garo Hills district, officials said.
The five were detained by the Border Security Force before they were formally arrested for trespassing.
Preliminary interrogation revealed that the infiltrators were on their way to Baghmara and adjoining mining areas to work as daily wage labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened