Five dissidents to find berths in new Meghalaya ministry
Shillong: Five dissident Congress MLAs who along with some others triggered the ouster of former Chief Minister DD Lapang would find berths in the new Meghalaya ministry led by Mukul Sangma.
Congress MLAs Rowell Lyngdoh, HDR Lyngdoh, FW Momin, Augustine Marak and FS Cajee who led the revolt against Lapang will find berth in the Mukul Sangma ministry, party sources said.
The list of ministers were finalized after several rounds of meeting between Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, Pradesh Congress president Friday Lyngdoh and senior AICC leaders, including Congress president Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi late last night, a Congress spokesman said today.
Four ministers in former Lapang ministry, including two Independents Limison Sangma and Ismail R Marak, the lone MLA from Khun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM) Paul Lyngdoh and M M Danggo of the Congress, would be dropped to make way for the dissidents, the sources said.
RC Laloo, Prestone Tynsong and the lone woman MLA Ampareen Lyngdoh would retain their ministerial berths while veteran Congressman Rowell Lyngdoh, will become the deputy chief minister, sources added.
Mukul Sangma will arrive here from New Delhi later today and the swearing in of the eight remaining ministers is likely to be held tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why