Five dissidents to find berths in new Meghalaya ministry
Shillong: Five dissident Congress MLAs who along with some others triggered the ouster of former Chief Minister DD Lapang would find berths in the new Meghalaya ministry led by Mukul Sangma.
Congress MLAs Rowell Lyngdoh, HDR Lyngdoh, FW Momin, Augustine Marak and FS Cajee who led the revolt against Lapang will find berth in the Mukul Sangma ministry, party sources said.
The list of ministers were finalized after several rounds of meeting between Chief Minister Mukul Sangma, Pradesh Congress president Friday Lyngdoh and senior AICC leaders, including Congress president Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi late last night, a Congress spokesman said today.
Four ministers in former Lapang ministry, including two Independents Limison Sangma and Ismail R Marak, the lone MLA from Khun Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM) Paul Lyngdoh and M M Danggo of the Congress, would be dropped to make way for the dissidents, the sources said.
RC Laloo, Prestone Tynsong and the lone woman MLA Ampareen Lyngdoh would retain their ministerial berths while veteran Congressman Rowell Lyngdoh, will become the deputy chief minister, sources added.
Mukul Sangma will arrive here from New Delhi later today and the swearing in of the eight remaining ministers is likely to be held tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31