Five held for attempting to rape woman in Meghalaya
Shillong: Five employees of a hotel here in the Meghalaya capital were arrested Tuesday on charges of attempting to rape a woman from Nagaland, police said.
"We have arrested five staffers of a hotel on charges of attempting to rape a Naga woman staying in the hotel," East Khasi Hills district police chief Mariahom Kharkrang told IANS.
Kamal Paul, the main accused, entered the woman`s room through a ventilator, he said.
The other four arrested were identified as Md. Khaliuddin, Bharat Jamatia, Belkish Reang and Shiva Ranjan Ray.
"The woman escaped from their clutches by hiding inside the bathroom and alerted her relatives by making a phone call. The relatives then called the police," Kharkrang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM