Five injured in Manipur bomb blast
Imphal: Militants on Tuesday exploded a powerful bomb in a market area here, injuring five persons and damaging a school building.
The IED, planted near Bheirodan Hindi High School in the market which is one km away from the official residence of Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh, exploded at around 6 am through a remote-controlled device.
Five persons were injured, one vehicle was destroyed and the school building damaged in the incident.
While one of the injured was discharged after first-aid, the remaining four, who hailed from Bihar, were admitted to the Regional institute of Medical Science and Hospital (RIMSH).
A strong police team led by Deputy Inspector General of Police (law and order) Clay Khongsai rushed to the spot and blocked all exit points before launching a search operation.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident.
The chief minister and several social organisations condemned the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling