Five insurgents killed in Manipur encounter
Imphal: Five suspected insurgents of People`s
Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) were on Thursday killed
in an encounter with Assam Rifles personnel in Manipur`s
Ukhrul district, official reports said.
Security personnel of 12th Assam Rifles were attacked when
they were patrolling Tarong village, 45 km from here, this
In the ensuing encounter, five insurgents were killed,
the reports said.
Three 9mm pistols, two AK 47 rifles and some rounds of
ammunition were recovered from the spot.
The bodies have been sent to Regional Institute of Medical
Science and Hospital here for post mortem.
Over 15 persons have been killed in militancy-related
incidents this year in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly