Five labourers abducted by militants in Aizwal
Aizawl: Five labourers were allegedly abducted by suspected Tripura-based militants from inside the Mizoram-Bangladesh-Tripura border Dampa Tiger Reserve, police said on Wednesday.
The five muster roll workers abducted by the militants yesterday were - Lalsangmawia of West Phaileng, Liansanga of Teirei, Vanlalfaka of Damparengpui, Nelson on Aizawl and Lalrinmawia of Aizawl.
Police suspects that the abductors belonged to the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) and Borok National Council of Tripura (BNCT) combine.
"Wireless communication intercepted by Tripura Police indicated that the militants intended to kidnap a wealthy contractor for ransom as they learnt that a construction work was underway inside the Dampa Tiger Reserve," a police officer said, adding, however, the work was being executed departmentally and no contractors were involved.
Police said that the abductors might have kept their captives in the areas near Zopui and Thangnang inside Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?