Five labourers abducted by militants in Aizwal
Aizawl: Five labourers were allegedly abducted by suspected Tripura-based militants from inside the Mizoram-Bangladesh-Tripura border Dampa Tiger Reserve, police said on Wednesday.
The five muster roll workers abducted by the militants yesterday were - Lalsangmawia of West Phaileng, Liansanga of Teirei, Vanlalfaka of Damparengpui, Nelson on Aizawl and Lalrinmawia of Aizawl.
Police suspects that the abductors belonged to the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) and Borok National Council of Tripura (BNCT) combine.
"Wireless communication intercepted by Tripura Police indicated that the militants intended to kidnap a wealthy contractor for ransom as they learnt that a construction work was underway inside the Dampa Tiger Reserve," a police officer said, adding, however, the work was being executed departmentally and no contractors were involved.
Police said that the abductors might have kept their captives in the areas near Zopui and Thangnang inside Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH