Five members of family die in landslide
Gangtok: Five persons of a family died in a landslide in their residence in Tamabong under Yuksam-Tashiding Constituency in West Sikkim last night.
All the victims of the family including, the mother and a daughter-in-law, were buried in the landslide that complete destroyed the house, official sources said.
Following the landslide caused by rain, security forces carried operation till this morning to clear the debris.
Local area MLA Dawcho Lepcha and senior government officials visited the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI arrests man who forged PM Modi's signature
- Turkey detains almost 300 presidential guards: Official
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched