Five members of family die in landslide
Gangtok: Five persons of a family died in a landslide in their residence in Tamabong under Yuksam-Tashiding Constituency in West Sikkim last night.
All the victims of the family including, the mother and a daughter-in-law, were buried in the landslide that complete destroyed the house, official sources said.
Following the landslide caused by rain, security forces carried operation till this morning to clear the debris.
Local area MLA Dawcho Lepcha and senior government officials visited the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Audio-Technica launches noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption