Five militants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Five Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) militants were arrested during counter-insurgency operations by police and Assam Rifles personnel in Manipur, official sources said on Sunday.
Two KYKL militants identified as Amom Sanjoy (25) and Takhellambam Ibouchouba (27) were arrested, while they were trying to board a bus at Wangu bus parking in interior Thoubal district last evening.
The two were involved in supply of arms to their cadre and `tax` collection for the outfit, the sources said. They were nabbed by the personnel of 33rd Assam Rifles based in Thoubal district.
A KYKL militant identified as K. Meitei was arrested by 10th Assam Rifles personnel from Khurai area in Imphal East district yesterday and handed over to nearby Porompat police station, the sources said.
In yet another operation, police commandos attached to Imphal west district police station arrested a KYKL militant identified as Kh. Netra(28) from an interior area of Imphal west district yesterday, the sources said.
A militant of Kangleipak Communist Party-Moramba Faction identified as K Gouramani (22) was arrested by police from B T Road area in crowded Imphal market complex yesterday in Imphal west district, the sources said.
Netra and Gouramani were handed over to Imphal police station for further interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband